In order to expand their operations and expand globally, the need to have an environment certification has increased. This ensures that the company is compliant with environmental regulations and is saving the environment.
Environmental management systems are a way to measure and reduce the impact of a company on the environment. ISO14001 is a standard set of requirements for environmental management systems, which have been developed by the International Organization for Standardization. To get certified, companies have to plan, implement and monitor their environmental programs.
The ISO14001 standard is a well recognized worldwide environmental management system that provides a systematic approach for companies around the world to minimize their environmental footprint by measuring and improving their performance in four key areas:
- Environmental policy
- Management systems
- Performance measurement
- Internal auditing
There are many potential benefits from getting a environmental certification: it helps to reduce energy consumption from factories and offices, enables companies to achieve goals set out in their sustainability strategy, encourages staff to take environmental considerations into account when making decisions.
Getting environmental certification is a key step in minimizing your environmental footprint.
Many countries and jurisdictions have implemented laws that require organizations to follow the necessities of ISO14001 or similar certification. They want to make sure that businesses are not doing damage to the environment and putting human lives at risk. Companies and organizations will need to document their efforts and provide proof if they want to maintain compliance with their standards.
The environmental certification is normally made in 1+4 steps:
- Decide at management level that you will make the certification and add necessary funds for doing it. (This is of great importance, to many start a certification, but don´t finish it due to lack of descicion and funding!)
- Analyze and document the business activities today to see where you are affecting the environment
- Improve where your business lacks of procedures and documentation.
- Get a certification of the full environmental procedures and documentations.
- Review, update and improve your procedures and documentation ongoing, add this to your daily meeting schedules.
QCERT offers a cost effective environmental certification, especially aimed at startups and service SME´s that need a environmental certification to increase their business and minimize the environmental footprint.